Saturday, May 01, 2010

Call from 559-272-6487

Someone called me this morning on this number to sell me an extended warranty.  They claimed to be a representative of subdivision of BWM.  I asked if they were an affiliate or a direct subdivision and he said subdivision.  I continued the conversation and it turned out he had the VIN on my car but the model was wrong.  When I questioned how they could have the wrong model number, he said some kid must have been messing with the computer.  Um, yeah… wrong answer.  I started to ask another question and he cut me off with "GO TO HELL" and hung up.

A quick google search shows that this is a telemarketing company and my experience is typical.

I've reported this story to BMW customer service.

1 comment:

Jrk said...

The company is National Auto Division LLC which is owned be Metro Marketing Inc. The CEO is Ariel Freud. You can get in touch with him in his office at 732-866-6161. I called him and told him how annoying his employees and their phone calls where. He took down my number and said he would have me removed from their list. I suggest to everyone who reads this to do the same.