Sunday, June 22, 2008

Hawaii Vacation 2008 - Day 9

Ok, so I'm falling behind on blogging. I'm writing this two days late at this point.

Today we got up and packed lunched and headed towards the north shore. The drive today was not as scenic as yesterday. It took us about 50 minutes to get there. The first beach we stopped at was three tables. We parked about 100 yards from the beach in an alternate parking lot. As we started trekking towards the beach I noticed a public bathroom on the right. I decided to swing in before getting to the beach. As I turned the corner the smell of urine hit me in the face and there was 4 nasty looking homeless folks drinking 40's. It was uncomfortable and I walked away very quickly.

The beach had very large crystals and stuck to everything. The snorkeling was not that great and we didn't stay very long. We didn't feel our things were safe on the beach. We packed up and headed over to another larger beach. I can't remember the name of it now but it was only 1/4 mile south of where we just were. This beach was much larger and had lifeguards. The beach dropped off very quickly but the water was very calm. We stayed there until about 2pm and then we headed back. The drive home took us quite a while as we hit some rush hour traffic while getting back into Waikiki beach.

We cleaned up again and headed back towards the high-end shopping district. We had plans to go to the world famous Duke's. Duke was a famous Hawaiian Olympic surfer. We had to wait about 40 minutes for the mean but it was worth it. One of the Ahi appetizers that we ordered was one of the best I have ever had in my life. mmmmmmm. Anne got a tropical itch drink that came with a full size back scratcher. That was a hit with kids.

We started back to the fireworks at the Sheraton but we were crossing Fort DeRussy when they started. Needless to say both kids through a fit.

Back to the room and to sleep around 11pm.

I think we had enough of Waikiki living. Tomorrow it is travel day to Maui.

No comments: